Monday, April 4, 2011

So here we go...

First off, this is my command central. This is why I post about technology and doing cool things with gadgets and things. Because I have a ton of them and love it.

In this picture I am running 5 screens off one machine (2x24" screens, 1x22", 1x21UX Wacom Cintiq (graphic design), 1x9" iPad (over wifi as a 5th monitor with Air Display (can get it from the App store and at http://avatron.com/apps/air-display), then I am running my HP tablet PC laptop and LogMeIn Ignition on the iPod touch(1st gen) (available on the app store and at http://www.logmein.com) and then my HTC Droid Incredible, which I decided not to link to the other machines, but which is possible over LogMeIn or a vnc connection (I use TightVNC from http://www.tightvnc.com/).

For those that don't understand what I am saying, it's ok. It probably isn't anything you will ever need or care about. lol.

I am also thinking about mounting my 42" tv from my bedroom above all of them so I can have a nice big viewing screen to screen movies, graphics, 3D work and whatever else I felt like watching on a big screen. Mostly because that would be awesome though.

So that's my command center there. I stream a lot of media from there to anywhere I happen to be from my 5 terabytes of storage. I had a dedicated media server until recently the motherboard caught on fire, so I now just use my main machine.

So basically that's where I begin is showing where I spend most of my time being dorky! From there who knows where we will end up. Hopefully I will show you some interesting things you can accomplish that you had no idea you could do with gadgets. Show you some seriously awesome websites that are full of funny, and you can ignore my rants and raves when I go off on tangents, but maybe they might be something to read when you get bored some day. lol!

For now, here is a web site everyone needs to check out whether you feel alone in life or just need to know there are others with problems too!

http://www.postsecret.com

This place is great. It shows you that everyone has secrets and that it's ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment