Monday, April 11, 2011

Things I think you should see.

So there are some things people should see. Funny things. Creative things. Fun things. Dumb things. Awesome things. Just things.

First we have Rebecca Black. This is a little late on the bandwagon, but we should all see her Friday video so we can understand just what I am saying in this post, if for no other reason.

Here is the official video...

So Here is the deal. We can tell it's obviously auto tuned. That's fine. I'm sure she isn't the worst singer on the planet. Does she deserve her fame for her voice? No. But I don't have a problem with her being famous. I don't even have a problem with her having a crappy music video. I don't even care that she isn't very attractive for a pop star. This is the problem.

THESE ARE THE WORST LYRICS ON THE PLANET. The lyrics are uninspired drivel. Absolute crap. I feel like songs should have some relevance and at least a little proof of sophistication. This song however... I mean come on.

"We we we we so excited. We so excited."... HUH? You speak like that? Did the crappy rapper come up with that and decide the middle upper class white suburban girl should deliver the lines as pathetically as possible? Because that's how it comes across.

"Yesterday was Thursday. Today is Friday Tomorrow is Saturday and Sunday comes afterwards."? (I haven't seen the video in a week or so, so the lyrics may not be exact, but you get the idea). Come on. This is appealing to music and the real art of lyric writing. Listening to the song makes me feel like i'm a 6 year old failing kindergarten. It's all kinds of dumb.

So that said, at least there is this...

I'm pretty sure I have never seen a video with more dislikes than the original, and I am also pretty sure there has never been a video with more parodies.

That's my Friday by Rebecca Black rant.


Now here is a video of absolute genius. (Everything on MY blog is MY opinion by the way.)


This kid is funny to me. Stinking creative talented Asians.



Ok, now this is a link to a site called wetransfer.com.

Now this is a great site. It lets you share files up to 2gb's in size without registering or anything annoying like that, but that's not why I like it. what is so fantastic about this site is that it has found a classy and non-intrusive way of advertising to make money to keep the site running. The backgrounds are the advertisements. Which sounds annoying, but then you see how it's done. It's done in an artful, tasteful way. I actually like to refresh the site just to see how they present the next ad.

Please, other sites need to take a page from this site and realize that you don't have to be annoying and invasive to get your ads across.

That's it for now. I have tons of stuff I can post. But I will save more for later. So that's my totally pointless blog post for now. Are you not entertained? No? Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment